Successful investors have a point of view – a philosophy that guides their investment and financial decisions.
Your beliefs about how money, the economy, and markets work determine your actions and your financial success.
An investment process is a series of organized actions that stem from your investment philosophy.
Philosophy first, followed by process.
Here is what we believe:
- The world, economy, and financial markets are ceaselessly creative and radically unpredictable. They are not simple machines that can be controlled or predicted by anyone.
- The world is getting more risky because the number of things that can happen (both good and bad) is increasing exponentially.
- Risk management means protecting against the downside by minimizing the harm from negative, unexpected outcomes.
- Thriving means capturing the upside: positioning ourselves to delight in and benefit from the emerging opportunities that arise daily in a ceaselessly creative world.
Since we believe our philosophy, we act like this when it comes to money and investing:
- We earn.
- We save.
- We protect against the downside.
- We focus on asset classes
- We build diversified portfolios.
- We adapt our investment plan as market conditions change.
- We thrive.
Learn more about money, how it works and how to invest in the weekly Money For the Rest of Us podcast.
Sign up for my free Insider’s Guide email newsletter. It is where I introduce each week’s podcast episode, summarize key learnings, provide links to materials referenced in the episode and share valuable tools to help you implement the strategies I discuss. You can sign up by clicking the button.
Sign Up For the Insider’s Guide
As a Money For the Rest of Us Plus member you can apply the Money For the Rest of Us process in your own investing by using the asset allocation and portfolio tools to build a diversified portfolio plan and adapt it as market conditions change.
The lessons and modules to do that are detailed in the right sidebar.