How the stock market differs from and can perform differently than the economy while remaining highly dependent on the economy for its success.
Topics covered include:
- Why the stock markets in countries with lower economic growth performed better than the stock markets in countries with higher economic growth.
- How the top 5 stocks in the S&P 500 Index have the largest weighting in 30 years and what will it takes for these stocks to outperform the market.
- What are the largest contributors to U.S economic growth, most of which are not publicly traded.
- How the U.S. government and the Federal Reserve saved the stock market.
- How have stocks performed during economic recessions.
- Why it is risky for investors to be dependent on the financial prospects of the largest technology stocks.