How to protect your savings from monetary threats like devaluation. Why high yield savings accounts exist and are they worth it.
Topics covered include:
- Why Lebanon defaulted on its national debt and announced it will devalue its currency by 57%.
- Why some depositors in Lebanon will probably lose some of their bank savings.
- What investors can do to protect themselves from currency devaluations.
- What are stablecoins and why are they useful.
- Why some online banks pay above-average interest rates on savings accounts.
- Why banks need to attract new deposits even though they create deposits when they make a loan.
As a Money For the Rest of Us Plus member, you are able to listen to the podcast in an ad-free format and have access to the written transcript for each week’s episode. For listeners with hearing or other impairments that would like access to transcripts please send an email to [email protected]
Learn More About Plus Membership »