What caused tulip mania in the 17th century in the Netherlands and how is it similar to Bitcoin?
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why discretionary income is needed for a mania to occur.
- Why the tulip trade was one of the first futures market.
- How much were speculators paying for tulip bulbs at the top of the market.
- What was the impact of the tulip bulb crash.
- How Bitcoin is like tulipmania.
TranscriptAs a Money For the Rest of Us Plus member you are able to listen to the podcast in an ad-free format and have access to the written transcript for each week’s episode. For listeners with hearing or other impairments that would like access to transcripts please send an email to [email protected]
Learn More About Plus Membership »