What causes interest rates to rise and fall, and what can you do to adjust your investment portfolio when interest rates begin climbing.
In this podcast, you’ll learn:
- What is a bond and what is the best measure of its expected return.
- How you can use a bond or a bond fund’s duration to measure interest rate sensitvity.
- Why I invest in fixed income.
- What influences the level and changes in interest rates.
- How countries compete with each other for capital based on their level of interest rates.
- How central banks are ground zero for influencing interest rates.
- How the yield on longer-term bonds is influenced by the yield on shorter-term bonds.
- What are the three components that comprise interest rates.
- Why consumers do a terrible job of anticipating inflation.
- When will interest rates increase.
- What you can do to protect your portfolio against rising interest rates.